24 May MOZAMBIQUE – FROM MAPUTO TO VILANKULOS
INCLUDES MAPUTO, DOVELA & VILANKULO, SOUTH MOZAMBIQUE
CULTURE, DIVINE BEACHES, NATURE AND WHALE WATCHING (IN SEASON)
Better explored during June to late October when humpback whales are swimming the coastline to give birth in the warm waters before migrating back to the cold Antarctic waters.
You will have the privilege to observe those magnificent creatures from your private terrace and get a closer view during ocean safaris.
DAY 1 / MAPUTO
Greetings at Maputo airport, transfer to Avenida Hotel**** and check in for 2 nights in standard room (sea view upon availability).
Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure exploring the surroundings, having a swim or enjoy a spa treatment. We can arrange a city tour depending on arrival time.
DAY 2 / MAPUTO – MAPUTO’S SPECIAL RESERVE
Your guide will meet you before the sun rises and drive you to the amazing and wild Maputo Special Reserve. In the reserve you will discover the unique aspects of the wild and its magnificent ecosystems filled with rich and extraordinary biomes.
You will cruise the park searching for the elephants, hippos, crocodiles and lesser game. The bird life is sensational. Lunch will be served in the bush. You will be back to Maputo late afternoon
DAY 3 / MAPUTO – DOVELA
After breakfast, private transfer with driver to Dovela (approximately 6 hours).
Check in at Dunes de Dovela in your sea view chalet for 3 nights on a full board basis.
Surrounded by the Indian Ocean, the coastal forest and the inland lake of Dongane, built by nature enthusiasts, hosted by Dovela’s community who knows exceptionally well its surroundings. The eco-lodge is definitely turned towards the discovery and sensible experience of the environment.
DAY 4 / DOVELA’S DUNES
A pristine beach, a tidal pool perfect to discover or re-discover the great delight of the snorkelling (provided by the lodge), a beach umbrella, some beach towels and hats: nothing better to recover from the tiredness of the journey.
After lunch, you can opt for guided walk (2.5 hours) through the forest to the inland lake Dongane for the sunset. The guide will introduce you to the traditional use of plants and the orchard of the forest. Come back to enjoy the sunset.
DAY 5 / DOVELA’S DUNES
A coffee at the sunrise over the Indian Ocean, the occasion is unique to identify the birds of the area. After this 2 to 3 hours walk lead by a professional field guide (FGASA 1026 trail guide level 1), the Trompeter Hornbill flight, and the song of the Dark-capped Bulbul or the colours of the Livingstone’s Turaco will have revealed all theirs secret. (Binoculars, books, lists and CD provided by the lodge) Late breakfast at the restaurant
The observation of the birds and the Vervet monkeys goes on in the hides or on top of the platforms scattered around the lodge.
A 10 minute transfer by 4×4 opens the doors of Dovela and its neighbours. Guided walk (2,5 hours) in the heart of Africa: Nhacoobo’s borehole, Dovela’s school, the vegetable garden of Chume or the manioc flour fabrication process are real opportunities of exchanges and meeting. Transfer back to the lodge or it is possible to walk back to the lodge (1 hour walk).
Or just relax on the beach, in a hammock or on a sofa. The library dedicated to nature, games and the bar stay available at all time.
DAY 6 / DOVELA’S DUNES – VILANKULOS
After breakfast and a last swim or short walk, departure to Vilankulos (approximately 4 hours) Check in your sea-view room Vilankulos beach lodge for 4 nights.
The welcoming lodge is located right on the beach and offers amazing views on the Bazaruto islands. It is located 10 minutes North from Vilanculos centre and lovingly nestled in a large tropical garden.
DAYS 7 TO 9 / VILANKULOS
Three days to enjoy diving, snorkelling, fishing, kite-surfing, humpback whales watching, dolphins and whale shark (in season), walks, boat trip, horse riding, island hopping, kite-surfing, stand up paddling…..
During your stay a Seahorses dhow safari is included (half day) as well as a full day speed boat cruise to Bazaruto Island, lunch and snorkelling included.
DAY 10 / VILANKULOS AIRPORT
After breakfast, transfer to Vilankulos airport (20 min) and continuation of your journey.
The programme includes:
- Accommodation during 2 nights in double room at Avenida (or similar) hotel including: breakfasts, wi-fi, use of pool and gym
- 1 day safari in Maputo Special Reserve including: breakfast, lunch, snacks, tea, coffee, soft drinks and beers, National Park entrance fees, and the service of a qualified game ranger
- Accommodation during 3 nights in double sea view chalet at Dunes de Dovela including: full board, guided nature & culture walks, water, tea and coffee, use of snorkelling equipment and canoes
- Accommodation during 4 nights in at Vilankulos Beach Lodge including: breakfasts, wi-fi, use of pool and non-motorized equipment, 1 seahorses dhow safari, 1 motor boat trip to Bazaruto Island including lunch and snorkelling
- Transfers from Maputo airport to Avenida, from Avenida to Dunes de Dovela, Dunes de Dovela to Vilankulos and Vilankulos airport.
The programme excludes:
- Flights and associated taxes
- Non mentioned activities and excursions, diving and boat trips
- Bazaruto National Park fee ($15 per person and per trip – subjected to change)
- Non mentioned meals and beverage
- Comprehensive personal and travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Personal expenses and gratuities