09 Sep KERALA – GOD’S OWN COUNTRY
Please find below program prices for God’s Own Country Kerala for your ready reference.
- We have provided tour cost based on a couple traveling together.
- Normal Hotel Check- In & Check-Out will be 1300Hrs / 1200Hrs, Except houseboat which will be 1230Hrs & 0900Hrs.
- In case the Hotel envisaged or normal category of Rooms are waitlisted / sold out, alternate hotels of similar category will be provided.
- Provided tour cost excludes any air fares.
KERALA GOD’S OWN COUNTRY
DAY 1 : ARRIVE AT COCHIN
- On arrival at Cochin Airport, meet and transfer to hotel for 01 nights’ stay.
Cochin, the ‘Queen of Arabian Sea’ has one of the finest natural harbors in the world. The ancient churches, palaces and synagogue in this city are sought after by archaeologists and historians.
- Later go for half-day sightseeing tour of Cochin covering the Dutch Palace (closed on Fridays), which was built by the Portuguese in 1555 and was presented to the Raja of Cochin as a gesture of goodwill. The Jewish Synagogue (closed on Fridays & Saturdays) was originally constructed in 1568, but was destroyed by Portuguese in 1662. This was rebuilt two years later when the Dutch took over Cochin.
The St. Francis Church, said to be India’s oldest European-built church was constructed in 1503. Having died in Cochin in 1524, Vasco da Gama was buried here for 14 years before his remains were taken to Lisbon. After noon you are at leisure.
- In the evening, enjoy a sunset cruise through the Cochin harbor.
- Night stay at hotel in Cochin.
DAY 2 : COCHIN – MUNNAR ( 140 Kms / 4 Hrs)
- Post breakfast, drive to Munnar, a scenic drive to the famous hill station Munnar at an altitude of nearly 6000 ft. Here the British government established their summer retreat many years ago, thus avoiding the summer heat of the coastal regions. On the journey you pass fields of pineapples, rubber, cardamom, vanilla, pepper also cocoa, coffee and tea plantations.
- Late afternoon arrive at your plantation retreat and check-in for 02 nights.
- Evening go for plantation walk offered by the resort and wrap your day with a ginger tea.
- Overnight stay at Munnar.
DAY 3 : MUNNAR
- Morning join your car and drive to Suryanelli, here hire a Jeep to visit worlds highest organic tea growing estate, Kolukumalai situated in the eastern slope of Western Ghats. The sprawling plantations and an old tea factory lend an old world charm to this place. Go on a guided tour through the factory. The two-storied building, built in the 1930s, with its wooden interiors and aroma would present you some time-tested methods of tea processing. And the tea grown here has a special flavour and freshness, thanks to the high altitude.
- After visiting the Factory we will have fresh tea picked, processed and made on the spot.
- After a picnic lunch ride back through the tea plantation with view of spectacular country side and the distant hills slipping in and out of the mist.
- Overnight stay at Munnar
DAY 4 : MUNNAR – THEKKADY (140Kms / 4Hrs)
- Today you will proceed to Thekkady, the land of unending chains of hills and spice scented plantations. It houses the famous wildlife sanctuary in South India and has also been declared as a Tiger Reserve.
- On arrival, check-in to the plantation house for 02 nights. Later in the evening go for a Kalaripayattu show – famous martial arts form of Kerala.
- Night stay in the plantation house.
DAY 5 : THEKKADY
- After breakfast proceed to spend some time with largest land animal in the world elephant where you get a chance to feed the elephant, bathing the elephant and a ride on it.
- Later proceed a spice plantation to know more about the spices of Kerala. Evening enjoy a boat ride in Lake Periyar to watch the wildlife at close quarters.
- Night stay at the plantation house.
DAY 6 : THEKKADY – KUMARAKOM (135Kms / 4 Hrs)
- After breakfast, drive to Kumarakom the Kerala village bordered by Vembanadu lake. This beautiful village is blessed with beautiful paddy fields and rivers that connects to the Vebnadu lake. On arrival check in to the resort.
- Later in the afternoon proceed for a village life experience in Kumarakom by the responsible tourism project of the Government. This village consists of people who still continue to the traditional life style and follow the traditional methods of fishing and agriculture. This visits takes you to understand the old methods followed for fishing, coir making, coconut leaf weaving, toddy tapping etc.
- Later transferred to the resort.
- Night stay in the backwater resort.
DAY 7 : KUMARAKOM – ALLEPPEY (35Kms / 45 Mnts)
- After leisurely breakfast, relax in the resort, before noon check out from the resort and drive to Alleppey where you will board your privately crewed Kettuvalam / Houseboat for a backwater experience.
- Lunch will be served shortly after boarding. The cruise takes you through some of Kerala’s most scenic backwaters, where you can watch the local people living their daily lives, where the only means of transport is by boat. The cruise usually lasts from mid afternoon to dusk.
- The houseboat moors on the lake for the night. After dark you can enjoy a delicious candlelit dinner to the sound of water lapping the sides of the boat whilst watching the twinkling lights on the distant shore.
- Overnight on Board.
DAY 8 : ALLEPPEY – MARARI
- After breakfast check out from the houseboat. Enjoy a panoramic drive through Alleppey – Known as the “Venice of the east“.
- Later drive to Marari. Mararikulam / Marari is a new beach destination with pristine sand beaches, swinging coconut palms and plenty of solitude. Experience the local aroma in the environment. Spend your time getting a stunning suntan, exploring the route of the backwaters and the changing moods of the sea.
- On arrival, check-in to your beach resort for 2 nights.
- Rest of the day free at leisure.
- Night stay in Marari.
DAY 9 : MARARI
- Day at leisure.
- Night stay in Marari
DAY 10 : MARARI – COCHIN AIRPORT(80 Kms / 2.5Hr)
- Its time to say goodbye to God’s own country.
- Transferred to Cochin airport for your flight.
Above Package includes:
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing on bed & breakfast basis for 9 Nights / 10 Days as per program except for 01 night on Houseboat.
- Full Board on Houseboat.
- All arrival / departure transfer & all surface arrangements by Air Conditioned Toyota Innova with reasonable English speaking driver & as per the program.
- Sunset cruise in motorboat through Cochin Harbor
- Tickets for Kalaripayattu Show at Thekkady.
- 90 Minutes Elephant activity in Thekkady.
- Spice plantation visit in Thekkady
- Boating in Periyar Lake.
- Kulukkumalai Tea factory visit in Munnar.
- Local English speaking guide for half day tour of Cochin.
- 1 time entrance fee to monuments as per below.
Above Cost does not include:
- Personal nature Expenses i.e. Telephone calls, Laundry, soft / hard drinks, lunch, tipping etc.
- Camera / Video Fee at monuments / sites.
- Any Porterage services at Airport.
- Any other item not mentioned above.
- Any flight ticket charges.
|Cochin||Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace|
|Thekkady||Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary|
- Packaged drinking water in vehicle while transfers and sight seeing.
- Traditional welcome at all hotels.
- Arrival & Departure assistance at airports.
- All present applicable taxes.
Hotels envisaged or similar:
|Name of City||Hotel||Room||Meal Plan||No. Of Nights|
|Cochin||Brunton Boatyard||Standard Sea Facing||BB||1|
|Munnar||Windermere Estate||Estate Room||BB||2|
|Alleppey||Xandari River Escapes||One bed room Premium||FB||1|
|Kumarakom||Kumarakom Lake Resort||Meandering Pool Villa||BB||1|
|Marari||Marari Beach resort||Garden Villa||BB||2|
A Visa is mandatory to visit India, which can be processed through the Visa office in London or E visa can be applied online.